Forgetful about supplements? You're not alone! Between juggling work, family, and everything else life throws at us, remembering to take our supplements can easily slip our minds. But here's the thing: consistency is key when it comes to reaping the full benefits of these health boosters.
The good news? Your phone can be your secret weapon! With a few simple tweaks, you can harness the power of technology to set up personalised reminders that ensure you never miss a dose again.
How to Set Reminders on iPhone
There are a few ways to set up medication reminders on your iPhone.
Use the Health app on iOS 16
On your iPhone or iPad, open the Health app.
If you're on your iPhone, tap Browse. If you're on your iPad, tap to open the sidebar.
Tap Medications, then tap Add Medication.
Enter the name of the medication/supplement in the Search field. Tap Add, then tap Next.
Choose the Medication Type. The supplement will be unlisted, enter the Strength or select No Strength.
Tap Frequency to select an interval, then tap Done.
Tap Add a time to further specify when you take your supplement, then tap Next.
Choose the shape of your supplement and tap Next, or you can tap Skip.
Select the colour of the Medication and Background to customise it.
Review your Medication details and enter any Optional Details, then tap Next.
View Full Instructions Here.
Use Siri and Reminders
How to Set Reminders on an Android Phone
There are various ways you might set a medication reminder on an Android phone.
Use Google Assistant
The quickest and easiest way to set a reminder on your Android phone is to use Google Assistant. For example, you can say, “Hey Google, remind me to take my supplement every day at 9 am.”
Use Google Calendar
You could also set up medication reminders in Google Calendar.
- Open the Calendar app, select a day, tap the Plus icon, and choose Reminder.
- You can specify a time and tap where it says Does not repeat, then change to Every day or set another interval.
- When you are happy with the details, tap Save.
Use Google Keep
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Keep app.
- Tap a note.
- In the top right, tap Remind me.
- You can set reminders to go off at a certain time:
- Time reminder: Tap one of the default times, or tap Pick a date & time. You can also set the reminder to repeat.
- Your note's reminder appears below the note text next to any labels.
- To close your note, tap Back.
- To change or delete your reminder, tap the reminder time or place at the bottom of the note.
Want more tips on how to remember to take your supplements? Find them here!