We all want pudding, but we all want to be healthy. Too often these worlds collide, and we end up choosing one over the other.
With this scrumptious apple crumble recipe from the Vegan Cinema Scroll, you can enjoy the best of both worlds. Here’s what makes this mouth-watering dessert so healthy!
There’s a fantastic amount of fibre in this dish. It’s got all the yummy goodness you could ever want in a dessert, including apricots, apples, dates, oats and seeds. A diet that’s rich in fibre can help us to feel fuller, aid with digestion, prevent constipation and even lower our risk of certain diseases.
This vegan dessert is also high in protein thanks to the addition of the oats and seeds. That’s not the only impressive component of this dish; it also includes tahini which is high in mono-saturated fats and linseeds which are rich in poly-saturated fats. As Omega 3 is better absorbed when consumed with fats like these, this dish is the perfect pairing for your NothingFishy Algae Omega 3 supplements.
On top of all this, this recipe also has Vitamins A, C, B12, B, and E. That reminds us, have you had your daily dose of NothingFishy Algae Vitamin D3 today?
We won’t leave you hungry any longer - here’s the full ingredient list and method for this simple plant-based dessert dish!
Healthy Plant-based Apple Crumble Ingredients
- 3 Medium-sized apples, cored and cut into cubes
- 5-6 Dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp of date paste (alternatively 3-4 dates, de-stoned & finely chopped)
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 100g of oats
- 2 tsp of linseeds
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 2 tbsp of tahini mixed with 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 60g of vegan dark chocolate
- 1 tsp of coconut oil
Healthy Plant-based Apple Crumble Method
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Add the chopped apple and apricot pieces into an oven-proof dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the date paste with the lime juice. Coat the apple and apricots with it.
- In a separate bowl, combine the oats with the seeds and cinnamon before adding the vanilla tahini. Use your fingers to ensure the mix is combined well.
- Distribute the oats on top of the apple mix and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil together in a water bath or microwave.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the baked apple crumble followed by more vanilla tahini drizzle. Enjoy!