Cognitive Benefits of Omega 3 DHA
Posted on May 13
Your brain is responsible for controlling every part of your body, even the processes that you don't think about. This vital organ isn't able to do its important job on its own; it relies on nutrients from the foods that you eat to work properly. Omega 3 fatty acids have been proven to play a crucial role in brain function and been shown to offer numerous brain health and cognitive benefits, including:
- Relieving Depression: Scientific studies have found that DHA from Omega 3 fatty acids help to promote a proper hormonal balance in the body. These hormonal imbalances have been shown to contribute to depression. By ensuring that the body has the ideal amount of Omega 3 fatty acids, you can help to keep your hormone levels regulated. Research has shown that people who eat diets rich in Omega 3’s were 30 per cent less likely to suffer from symptoms of general depression.
- Protecting Against Dementia & Alzheimer's: The link between omega 3 fatty acids and brain protection was discovered when studies found that people who suffer from Alzheimer's have lower levels of DHA present in their brains than those that do not. One theory is that DHA helps to prevent the build-up of fatty plaques in the brain that have been shown to contribute to Alzheimer's.
- Aiding in Proper Brain Function: Roughly 60 percent of your brain is made of fat, and Omega 3 DHA are one of the most abundant fats found in brain tissue. Because the majority of your brain consists of fat, dietary essential fatty acids are needed to produce vital structures in the brain.
- Supporting Memory: Studies have found that memory support is one of the most important cognitive benefits of Omega 3. Research has established that people who get enough essential fatty acids are less likely to suffer from poor memory than those who don't, particularly as they age.
- Improving Concentration: Because Omega 3’s are necessary for cellular signaling, the healthy fats are needed for clear thinking. There is also evidence to suggest that DHA can help people better concentrate on tasks. The concentration boosting benefits of DHA have made supplements that contain the fatty acid common complementary remedies for children and adults with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).
As you can see, Omega 3 provides numerous cognitive benefits and supports a healthy brain. Unfortunately, most of us don't get enough of these important memory and brain health nutrients. This is especially true for vegans and vegetarians that struggle to get the all important Omega 3 DHA in our diet. NothingFishy Omega 3 algae oil capsules can help you bridge the diet gap, so you can give yourself the brain support that you need. Our algae oil supplement is 100% plant-based and free of toxic chemicals and heavy metals, allowing you to reap the brain health benefits of DHA without the negative side-effects present in fish oil.